How do I schedule service and what services are included with my monitoring?
- Our service window is Monday through Friday 8-12 or 12-4. However, we do have a 24 hour emergency line. You can reach us at 410-995-6304 and your call will get forwarded to the emergency line.
- Free battery replacement
- Free servicing if you are a monitored customer
I need to replace my yard signs and/or my window stickers. How do I obtain new ones?
- Please call our office at 410-995-6304 and we will deliver new ones by mail
Why is it beeping?
- This applies to concord 4 GE/ Interlogix Systems
- If your keypad has a flashing asterisk, you need to press the asterisk button and see what messages scrolls across the keypad. It could be a plethora of things, but most likely will mean you need to clear a message out of the system. After pushing the asterisk push disarm and enter your four digit code.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue on the message, please call us for service or further assistance.
What does P1 mean?
- P1 is normal and means partition 1. If it says P1 and there is a flashing asterisk that could mean a message needs to be cleared from the system.
Why isn’t my alarm working?
- Power loss
- Please note: if you experienced power loss at your home, you may have to wait several hours for your alarm to come back on depending on the duration of the power loss. The back-up battery will need to recharge.
- The GFI could have tripped
- Please check which outlet your panel is plugged into and reset the GFI (if it is an outlet that has a GFI)
- If the steps above do not cause your alarm to begin working again, please contact us at 410-995-6304.
My smoke alarm is going off and no one has contacted me. How do I tell if my electrical smoke detector or security smoke detector is the one going off?
- If your security smoke detectors are going off, there will be an alert or a message that comes across the screen of your keypad. If this alert is not there, it would be the smoke detector that the electricians installed in your home. Only the smoke detectors connected to your security system will dispatch the fire department.
- If your security smoke detectors are going off, this will dispatch the fire department. If your electrical smoke detectors are going off, you will need to call for emergency services to be dispatched. Electrical smoke detectors are there to warn you and your family to get out of the home and there is a fire. Security smoke detectors will warn you to get out of the house and dispatch emergency services. This is a huge benefit because it is one less thing to worry about when you are home and trying to get out safely. It also will dispatch emergency services when you are not home and do not know there is a fire in your home.
- Please remember to change the battery in your electrical smoke detectors every six months. If you are interested in 10-year smoke detector that does not need a battery, please call our office at 410-995-6304 for pricing and additional information.
How do I know what my zones are?
- Your zone list may be located on your alarm.com app/website or from your keypad/touchscreen.
I forgot my keypad code. How do I proceed?
- Please refer to your alarm.com app/website, under user and you can view or adjust codes
I need to change my call list. How do I proceed?
- To change your call list, you can call our office at 410-995-6304. Please have your password ready to confirm over the phone. Also, please be prepared to send this information over via email once the call concludes.
How do I get an alarm certificate for my insurance company?
- Please call us at 410-995-6304 and we can assist you with that process.
Why did you automatically renew my contract?
- We automatically renewed your contract so that the monitoring of your home would not lapse. In our contract, there is an automatic renewal clause, so you are never worried about a lack of security in your home. In order to cancel monitoring services, you will need to call 90 days before your contract ends. This cancellation will need to be in writing. You will receive confirmation that your cancellation has been received. If you have not received confirmation within 3-business days, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to do if….?
- I am going out of town- is there anything I should do?
- If you are going out of town, please make sure your alarm is set before leaving. If you have interactive services, you can arm it from your mobile device, computer, or tablet at any time. If you need to adjust your call list before leaving, please call us at 410-995-6304 to make any changes.
- Other things to keep in mind:
- Outside/landscape lighting on
- Lights on inside
- Not posting travel itinerary on social media
- Put a stop on your mail or newspaper delivery or ask a trusted friend/neighbor to pick it up for you
My power is out- will my alarm continue to work?
- Your alarm is on a battery back-up for 24 hours. Once your power comes back on, your battery will have to recharge for 8-10 hours.
My alarm is notifying me that I need to change the battery- how do I do that?
- Please note that all monitored customers get free battery changes. If you would prefer to change the battery yourself, you will need to purchase a 12 volt 4 amp battery for the Concord 4 or Vista 20 system. If you have another system, please call us and we can assist you. You can reach us at 410-995-6304 to schedule servicing Monday-Friday from the windows of 8-12 and 12-4.
I am in the military and have orders to relocate- what is your military policy?
- We have a discount for military members. You will only be responsible to pay for the remaining due for the system (financing option only). Then, your monitoring will be cancelled free of charge. We will need proof of duty from your CAC Card or Uniformed Services ID Card.
I am moving- what is your policy?
- If you are moving, you will need to pay out the remaining balance of your contract. If you are moving to an area that we service, you will not need to pay the remaining balance of your current contract if you renew with a three year agreement at your new home.
What is included in my rate?
- Free battery replacement
- Free servicing if you are a monitored customer
Monitoring Station Information
Main verses distress password
- PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THE TWO PASSWORDS!!!
- Main password- a password that will turn off your alarm. The police will not be dispatched.
- Distress password- a password that you only state when you are in distress and need police to come. The monitoring station will not act alarmed, they will not want to tip off any intruders. The monitoring station will call the police and have them dispatched.
Phone number for the monitoring station
Location of the monitoring station
- 235 Schilling Circle Suite 108, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
- There are locations in several other states, as well, to ensure the police will be dispatched to your home in a prompt manner.
PLEASE NOTE: IF ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS WERE NOT ADDRESSED IN THE MATERIAL ABOVE, CALL OUR OFFICE AT 410-995-6304
Statistics about burglaries and safety
- Homes without security are three times more likely to be broken into.
- 69.5% of break-ins are residential. Accounting for over 2/3 of burglaries.
- The most common hours for a home invasion are between 10 AM and 3 PM while the homeowners are at work.
- Where do the burglars enter? 34% enter through the front door and 23% enter through a first floor window.
- A burglary takes place every eighteen seconds in the United States.
- In 2016, the FBI reported that the average loss of property dollar was $2,361. They also reported that burglary victims had a total loss of $3.6 billion.
- Source: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/burglary